With the end of 2022 in sight, you may have started to think about your New Year’s Resolutions: what do you want to accomplish during the year ahead?
These goals can be easy to set, but you may find momentum dwindling. Habits take time to build and they require commitment.
If you have the courage to start, you’ve got the strength to succeed.
The time is now
Over the coming weeks, there’s a distinct Capricornian energy building, which is ideal for harnessing discipline. Reflect and create a clear plan for what you want to achieve over the next three, six, and twelve months. These transits can boost relational skills and move you in the right direction…
🗓️Mercury enters Capricorn on December 6, supercharging your goals, and giving you razor-sharp focus and analytical skills.
🗓️Venus joins Mercury in Capricorn on December 10, galvanizing your connection to others and taking relationships — personal and professional — to the next level.
Here are some realistic ways to efficiently set goals and achieve them, always keeping your stride:
- Think big, start small. Every time you successfully act on an intention, your brain releases dopamine (feel-good hormones), starting a positive feedback loop. Over time, completing small tasks keeps you motivated and on track to achieving the bigger ones.
- Dedicate and schedule time, then stick to it. Embody your inner Capricorn, who sets the bar high for persistence and dedication. Be ready for the long game, there’s no such thing as an overnight success.
- Integrate it with an existing practice. Align your daily routine with your long-term goals, conscious that — according to research — it takes an average of 66 days to form a new habit.
- Take action. Our motivation fluctuates. When you have an instinct to act on a goal, start immediately to make the most of that energy.
- Strive for clarity. Set your goals with details in mind, encompassing ways to measure their success.
Train your brain for accomplishment
Having insight and intention comes naturally when you connect to the driving forces behind your goals. Here are some ways to develop them:
- Exercise your brain regularly. Read, write, or draw to enhance your cognitive function and attention span.
- Enhance your creativity. Be open to experiences, use your imagination, and reformulate ideas in a different light.
- Meditate. Increase the theta waves to channel your intuition and insights, welcoming what is truly inspiring you with personalized Meditations on Soulloop app.
- Track your dreams. While you sleep, you can untangle knots without the usual biases that are present in conscious awareness. Use My Dreams on Soulloop app to record your dreams and understand the messages they bring.
- Increase self-awareness. Align yourself with your true purpose. Try the Solar Plexus Chakra exercises on the Soulloop app to activate and stimulate your energetic center of abundance.
Many of us are inclined towards procrastination, hindering our productivity as we overthink or pause before we act on our goals. Harness courage to lean into them and embrace spontaneity.